Theory and technology of welding
HEAD OF SCIENTIFIC SCHOOL
V.P. Kulikov, Doctor of Engineering, Professor
A.G. Lupachev, PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor,
A.M. Belyagov PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor,
T.I. Bendik, PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor,
S.N. Yemelyanov, PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor,
S.M. Furmanov, PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor,
A.O. Koroteyev, PhD student,
S.A. Stalenkov, PhD student.
MAIN RESEARCH TASKS
- study of the diffusion mechanism for carbon, chromium and other elements in alloyed steel welds when they are exposed to aggressively corrosive environments. Assessment of causes of decline in weld performance;
- development of the technology for welding high-temperature steels by using austenitic welding consumables;
- development of high strength steel welding technology by using domestically produced welding materials;
- development of technological welding processes, which reduce consumption of expensive shielding gases;
- development of methods for the calculation of complex metal structures, taking into account a weld factor;
- development of technological processes of "cold taps" welding in existing pipelines without relieving operating pressure.
CENTERS AND LABORATORIES
The Equipment and Technology of Welding Manufacture department established the Certification and Testing Center accredited with Gosstandart and Gospromatomnadzor.
MAIN RESEARCH FINDINGS
- The mechanism of performance deterioration occurring in heterogeneous welded joints of steels used in aggressive environments at high temperatures was determined, which is caused by diffusion processes of alloying elements.
- The mechanism of performance deterioration of high-strength steels welded in Ar + CO2 mixture was determined and welding procedures ensuring full strength welds were developed.
Procedures for welding alloyed steels in aggressive environments and at high temperatures.
Procedures for welding high-strength steels.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR THE HEAD OF THE SCIENTIFIC SCHOOL
Valery Petrovich Kulikov