- Machine Building
- New technologies of mechanical and vacuum processing of materials used in machine building and defense industries
New technologies of mechanical and vacuum processing of materials used in machine building and defense industries
V.I. Khodyrev, Doctor of Engineering, Professor
F.G. Lovshenko, Doctor of Engineering, Professor,
V.P. Redko, Doctor of Physics & Mathematics, Professor,
G.F. Lovshenko, Doctor of Engineering, Professor (BSAA) (БНТУ),
I.V. Tereshko, PhD in Physics & Mathematics, Associate Professor,
U.M. Shamiankou, PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor,
V.A. Logvin, PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor,
V.V. Abidzina, PhD in Physics & Mathematics, senior lecturer,
A.F. Korotkevich, senior lecturer,
A.E. Lipsky, senior lecturer,
M.A. Belaya, assistant lecturer,
Y.M. Gostinschikov, senior lab assistant,
K.R. Tsekhansky, laboratory assistant,
V.I. Kosheleva, Head of the Patent & Information department,
A.L. Shamiankova, senior engineer (Krasny Metallist plant).
MAIN RESEARCH TASKS
- development of promising techniques for improving performance characteristics of tool and structural materials by the treatment based on effect of glow discharge;
- investigation of patterns and mechanisms of structural and phase transformations in tool and structural materials treated by exposure to glow discharge;
- investigation of patterns of the effect of technological parameters of glow discharge treatment on operational characteristics of materials;
- development of advanced technologies for cutting difficult-to-machine materials;
- development of progressive designs of rotary cutting tools;
- development of design documentation and technical specifications to manufacture equipment required to implement the technologies of materials modification based on the use of glow discharge.
CENTERS AND LABORATORIES
- Materials Science Laboratory of the Common Use Center (r.306, building 4).
- Wear Resistance Research Laboratory (r. 013)
- Laboratory of Vacuum Technologies (r.130)
- Laboratory of Material Modification in Glow Discharge (r.114, building 4)
MAIN RESEARCH FINDINGS
The theory foundamentals and techniques were developed for structural phase modification of tool and structural materials by glow discharge.
Progressive designs of rotary cutting tools were elaborated for machining hard-to-machine materials.
The patterns and mechanisms of structural phase modification of tool materials exposed to glow discharge were established, which improve their performance characteristics by 1.2 - 2.5 times.
The unique equipment and tooling were developed in order to implement the technology of improving durability of tools and tooling equipment for small-to-medium series production.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR THE HEAD OF THE SCIENTIFIC SCHOOL
Fedor Grigoryevich Lovshenko