- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE STUDENTS OF THE BELARUSIAN-RUSSIAN UNIVERSITY, THE WINNERS OF THE TEAM PROGRAMMING TOURNAMENT ‘CODING FEST-3’.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE STUDENTS OF THE BELARUSIAN-RUSSIAN UNIVERSITY, THE WINNERS OF THE TEAM PROGRAMMING TOURNAMENT ‘CODING FEST-3’.
The final of the Team Programming Tournament ‘Coding Fest-3’ was held on November 23, 2018 in the Belarusian-Russian University. The event was organized by OAO Mogilev Regional Development Agency together with the Belarusian-Russian University.
The following master classes were held as part of the Tournament:
- ‘Salesforce Commerce Cloud is the dream future for business and the present for the Artezio Salesforce developer’ (given by Tatiana Agurkova, Salesforce developer, UE Artesio);
- ‘How to make people buy your product: presenting it over and over again’ (given by Ilya Makovetsky, Dean of the Faculty of Economics of the Belarusian-Russian University, PhD in Physical and Mathematical Sciences);
- ‘Ten business startup and development mistakes’ (given by Evgeny Bondarets, a marketing specialist, a co-owner of three businesses, the organizer of the Business Youth Club in Mogilev).
The event was sponsored by IT companies of Mogilev region (iTechArt, Artezio, EPAM Systems, AWEM Games, MIDIS), as well as by VELCOM.
According to the preliminary results, nine projects were selected for participation in the final.
For two hours, mentors from Mogilev IT companies iTechArt, Artezio, EPAM Systems, AWEM Games and MIDIS examined the projects presented at the competition, provided advice on how to improve the quality of presentations, as well as on technical implementation, development prospects and commercialization of each project. Pavel Leonidovich Marinenko, Deputy Chairman of the Economy Committee of Mogilev Oblast Executive Committee, was appointed Chairman of the Jury of the ‘Coding Fest-3’ Tournament. The Tournament Jury was composed of mentors, representatives of the sponsors, OAO Mogilev Regional Development Agency, the Belarusian-Russian University, the Bobruisk branch of the STEP IT Academy.
The Tournament results are as follows:
- The project ‘ “One Day” Training Game on the Basics of Energy Saving and Electrical Safety’ took first place. The developers of the project are the fourth year students of the ASOI-151 group of the Belarusian-Russian University Andrei Nechiporuk and Ekaterina Onuchina. The project is aimed at helping children understand the importance of observing energy saving and electrical safety rules. The project implements the method of interactive teaching basics of energy saving and electrical safety to schoolchildren. This method is based on presenting information to students through a game, which allows enhancing students’ learning taking into consideration their age.
- The project ‘Skills for You’, a learning software package, took second place. The developer is the fourth year student of the ASOI-151 group of the Belarusian-Russian University Denis Orekhovsky. The software package was implemented as part of the course project ‘Databases and Databanks’. For teaching programming, the developed software package supports the ability to compile code written in different programming languages (Python, C#, Java, Java, C++, PHP) in one window with subsequent automatic software testing.
The following two projects took third place:
- ‘ARTurn Augmented Reality-Based Driving Test’. The developers of the project are the third-year students of the PIR-161 group of the Belarusian-Russian University Yegor Kashitsa, Anton Marfutin and Georgiy Zokhan. The application was developed as part of the course ‘Software Development Technologies’. With augmented reality, driving situations at intersections are reproduced and the movement of cars is simulated depending on the sequence of directions chosen by the student.
- ‘SmartOrganizer Mobile Application’. The developer is the 9th-grade student of Secondary School No. 18 of the city of Mogilev Evgeny Stefankov. The developed application implements the functions of the organizer in mobile devices.
The winners and the participants of the final of the Coding Fest-3 Tournament were awarded with valuable prizes and certificates from sponsors.